1) My real name: is not public
2) My location: is in the USA (The one above Mexico)
3) My Profession: Varies, I am always shifting jobs, but always learning.
4) My Age: 33
5) My Purpose to join the Technical Discussion forum: to have somewhere to discuss issues I come aross (if the things I am thinking are going to be plausible and within my effort to accomplish or if it is beyond me right now)
6) How did you reach us? I do not remember, I think it was within a post by someone on a randonly Googled website that was about writing an OS.
Further... I am not unfamiliar with computers and technology, but I am now applying determined practice to skills within programming, A+ IT, Network+, Server+, Security+, and Linux+ (certifications). I am looking at diving into the whole hands-on world of computers, but I refuse to pay another school to go to class for another couple years, when I can learn much more on my own and branch out as I go. I have a degree already, but it is in an unrelated Liberal Arts field of study that is not heavy on Mathematics and Science. I have always been interested in the natural world and Languages and cultures, but also have always liked computers since the days of Comadore 64 and Zork. That was a long (subjective) time ago. So, I am now getting back "under the hood."