C++ is a superset of C, which is itself a very powerful programming language. C++ further adds Object-Oriented features to C, making it more suitable for modern software development.
The advantages of C++
- Programs created using C++ tend to be faster because they interact with the Operating System's API directly instead of using an intermediate like JVM or JIT.
- C++ programs usually consist of unmanaged code, which lets you optimise it as per your needs.
- C++ is suitable for creating high performance games, and device drivers (because they deal directly with machine level code)
- C++ is easier to start learning than some other languages e. g. Java, which I found too messy to begin with.
- One of the special things about C++ is that you have the option to use or to not use the Object Oriented Paradigm (i. e. classes etc. ), while in many other languages like Java & C#, you're forced to use OOP
Some disadvantages of C++
- As you proceed to higher level C++ programming, it becomes a very tough nut to crack. Many programmers leave C++ due to its difficulty.
- Other than games and device drivers etc. C++ has very little use nowadays in professional programming, due to its complexity.
P. S. - If someone finds any error(s) in my post, please point out those errors.
Sorry, but you are not allowed to view signatures , please Register or Login