Introduction to Bluetooth technology - What is Bluetooth Technology?
Bluetooth is an innovative wireless technology through which a user can transfer data between two devices having required proximity. It has now become one of the handiest developments in the wireless technology ground which is now being used for multiple purposes and in a good range of devices for e.g.: cell phones, laptops, headset devices, video game consoles, printers, tablets, music players and HD TVís.
Infrared is also a wireless technology used for sharing data but that restricts a user in terms of distance range and it doesnít even go through walls or any other obstacles that comes in its way. In its contrast, Bluetooth rays can go through any obstacle but the range is restricted to 100 meters only and while it also drains low amount of battery of any device. The Bluetooth transmission process is quite secure since it requires a password to share data files between devices. And most of all Bluetooth doesnít require any cables or wires to function, everything is done through rays that functions over a highest distance of 100 meters.
Most of the mobile phones have Bluetooth technology integrated in them that helps a user to sync data and share the stuff they want with each other. It is commonly used by most users and now it is not only limited to mobile phones. The Bluetooth technology is now also used in laptops and tablets to share and sync data easily.
Advantages and disadvantages of Bluetooth technology
Advantages of Bluetooth technology
- Contrasting LAN (Local Area Network) wireless technology, Bluetooth doesn't require any configuration to be set for starting a connection and transfer data between devices. It eliminates the need of using any wires or cables.
- Bluetooth technology uses a secure connection between devices having a password lock when sharing data between devices. A user will have to enter the password first for sharing files and the other user who will receive files will also have to enter the same password.
- Bluetooth technology functions under 100 meters of distance, that makes the process of data sharing easy and fast.
Disadvantages of Bluetooth technology
- Bluetooth technology cannot be used for Internet connections due to its restricted transfer rate.
- Since Bluetooth technology releases larger range and data lines frequency, it gets more exposed to attacks for example interceptions and tapping. As long as new versions are coming, you donít need to worry about this point.
- Bluetooth technology drains battery life, and this mostly happens when you use it on your mobile phones. It consumes large amount of battery life in short period of time and if anyone leaves it switched ON for a good amount of time, the battery life will be dead in no time. So you canít keep it switched ON forever.
As you can see the disadvantages of Bluetooth technology arenít quire countable and big enough to be concerned, while its advantages outweighs the disadvantages of Bluetooth technology. In general, Bluetooth technology is sure a great stuff to use on cell phones and other devices without the need of using any cables or wires.
*** Please do not forget to leave your comments about this article ***