Here are some important Oracle Interview Questions & Answers.
1. What does a Control file Contain ?
Ans:-The controlfile contains :
1. Name and Location of Datafiles Redo Logfiles.
2. Timestamp of Database Creation.
3. Current log sequence number is recorded when log switches are occur.
4. Checkpoint information is recorded as checkpoints are made.
5. Database identifier is recorded when the database is created.
The controlfile contains
4)Log Sequence Number
5)archived Log information
9)Name and Location of data and log files.
2. What is the function of SMON?
Ans:- The SMON background process performs all system monitoring functions on the oracle database.
Each time oracle is re-started, SMON performs a warm start and makes sure that the transactions that were left incomplete at the last shut down are recovered.
SMON performs periodic cleanup of temporary segments that are no longer needed.
For more details you just visit coolinterview. com
Sorry, but you are not allowed to view signatures , please Register or Login