A few days back, I wished to
play Dangerous Dave game (released in the year 1991) in my current Windows 7 OS
but I could not. I downloaded the game which was only around 80 kbs. But, when I tried to open it, an error occurred. So, I searched the net about this and finally found out a way to play such DOS games including Dave in Windows 7.
play old DOS games like Dave in Windows 7 OS
, follow the simple steps given below:
1. Go to the following link: Download Free DosBox
and click the first link to download the DOS Box (Version 0.74).
2. In the mean time, create a folder in the C:\ Drive
(or in any other drive that you want) for the game (folder name say "dave
3. Remember that the name of the folder must not exceed 8 characters. This is because, at that time (around 1991) it was not allowed to create a folder with name exceeding 8 characters.
4. Copy and paste the downloaded file (game) into the created folder dave
5. Now, open DAVE Box 0.74 and mount the C:\ drive in it. To do that, use the following code:
Z:\> MOUNT C C:\dave (press enter)
Drive C is mounted as local directory C:\dave\
6. Then go to C drive.
7. Then go to the dave
C:\ CD dave
8. And then into the folder "dave".
9. The game will get started. If you want to play the game in full screen press [Alt + Enter]
Play and enjoy! If you want to quit DOS Box after playing the game, type:
10. However, some other DOS games may need to get installed before playing. For those games, you will have to type the following code inside the DOS Box.
After this, the game gets installed and ready to play. Thanks for reading.
To see the video tutorial, visit How to play Dangerous Dave game in windows 7 (Using DosBox)
*** Please do not forget to leave your comments about this article ***